This past weekend was rough.

I’ve had some rough times with Aurora before, but usually they are in spurts and only last a few hours at best. This little “spurt” lasted two days.

I know it wasn’t her fault. She is getting over a cold (it seems like she is always getting over a cold), and continuing to teethe.  On Saturday, we decided to drive to the city and maybe do some Christmas shopping. We decided to take Aurora, and about thirty minutes out of town, we started to second guess ourselves. She is currently in this stage where she hates her car-seat, so when she is in it more than 20 minutes, she slowly enters meltdown mode. It’s not a pretty sight, people.

We also realized we had forgotten her stroller, so when we got to the mall, we had to carry her around. Exhausting. Needless to say, we didn’t get anything at the mall, and when we went to Target – she had missed her second nap and there was no distracting her. Again, we left with barely anything, and it was a long trip back to Stillwater. She went straight to bed when we got home. Sanity temporarily renewed.

On Sunday, church is from 9:00-12:00, and her nap has been fluctuating anywhere from between 9:00 and 10:30. Therefore, she missed her morning nap and has entered the terrorizing stage during church. She really isn’t horrible, but Alex had to leave Sacrament meeting multiple times, and I didn’t get much from Sunday School or Relief Society. I think my new mantra will be … “Only __ more months until Nursery… only __ more months until Nursery….”

She was whiny and hard to deal with the rest of the day, and went to be bed even earlier than usual. She definitely needed it, because she slept an extra hour the next morning. I remember at one point during one of those two days, she was crying and I just laid my head down in seeming defeat and just thought, “Anyone in their right mind who thinks being a stay at home mother is not a job can shove it.”

Like I said, rough couple days.

But the next morning, as fast as it was there it was gone, and she was back. I had my little happy, cheerful girl back. 

And I took a two hour nap with her instead of cleaning.
&I didn’t regret it one bit.